Wednesday, July 05, 2006

God Bless America

Well today was probably one of the most interesting days of the hols. Instead of being bored out of my brain like the last couple of days I went to youth council. We were supposed to be designing a web page for the youth of Bathurst, that had info on youth council and what we were doing etc. I’m not sure if anything actually happened about that, me and bec kinda always seem to get off track. Neway me and bec ditched the web page designing and started collating data from a youth space survey. What is a youth space? A youth space is a place where youth can hang out. There’s computers, tvs, food, sports, pool table etc. You can lounge around chat etc. Don’t know if it will ever get off the ground but youth council does a far bit, they managed to build the skate park when everyone doubted that they could. GO YOUTH COUNCIL. Neway collating data actually turned out to be kinda fun.

So neway we then went to have our youth council working party meeting which had changed venues. Why I hear u ask? Because Bathurst was being invaded by 40 american kids. They’d come to watch our working party meeting. lol. which turned out to be me and bec telling them all about Bathurst, and Australia. They had the most awesome accents and I had the best time ever talking to this eleven year old about lost, alias and then another girl about grey’s anatomy and religion. lol. they were all very very religious children, well not really but there all involved in American youth groups which are church run. lol so it was fun and me and bec were standing there telling them about Bathurst, what schools there are in town, that mount panorama is famous, that the O.C. is on tv here too, and that its shit (wait no I said that bec didn’t) and then bec goes and starts telling these kids about sexual assault. Hahaha. Lol I asked them if they watched big brother and they were all like yes. and then I said hahahaha its getting the axe. Lol and then they asked why and bec goes, well u see this girl got sexually assaulted… I was just waiting for one of the kids to ask, “what’s sexual assault,” lol I think some of them asked what that meant or something and I was just like well it’s a bad thing. Lol.

Neway I reaped the benefits, they gave me bec and ange presents. Bec got some stupid grape scented hand towel and I got a Disneyland baseball. I have no idea what ange got but bet it wasn’t as good as my present. Lol then I was thirsty and stole a can of lift.

Before I go I must mention that I now know four more americans and I promised id remember then names: Stacey, Alexus, Brant and Ali. There going to Sydney tomorrow, good luck guys!

Neway for all who care I broke the fish tank again lol. don’t ask. I also have gone on a bit of star wars binge and found this star wars game that I hadn’t played in ages. Its cool, I’m a jedi.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i actually said what? oh yeah cause someones being charged for sexual assault. and all the teachers cracked up. then i realised they were 10... bit embarassing. and i got PLASTIC GRAPES. YOU GOT A BASEBALL. I GOT PLASTIC GRAPES. RIPPED OFF OR WHAT. nah its cool